[cabfpub] Baseline Requirements "Certificate Policy" for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Wed Jun 21 13:39:52 UTC 2017

On 21/06/17 15:36, Rich Smith wrote:
> If I’m not mistaken, Gerv is saying, rather than update a bunch of text
> in other places, how about changing the name back to /Baseline
> Requirements for the Issuance and Management of Publicly-Trusted
> Certificates/.
>
> Gerv, if that is correct, I second the motion.

That was my suggestion. 2 caveats, though: Ryan pointed out offlist that
the name may be referenced elsewhere, and so it might be more work to
change to something new than to standardize on what the cover page
currently says. And also, presumably we added the words "Certificate
Policy" to the name for a reason; we shouldn't remove them without
knowing what that reason was.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Chesterton%27s_fence