[cabfpub] Changing numbers of self-audited certificates

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Jun 7 20:54:49 UTC 2017

The audits are more deficient than just the minimum number. If a CA issues a
million certs to one customer, the entire 3% audit will be that single
customer. If that system is automated, all other customers and systems are
effectively masked.  I haven't figured out to expand the audit requirement
though. Perhaps a minimum that is something along the lines of the greater
of 3% of certificates with a unique profile and five cert? An alternative is
3% of certificates with a unique base domain?