[cabfpub] "[UNVERIFIED SENDER]Re: no CAA authorizations -- RFC 6844

Rob Stradling rob.stradling at comodo.com
Thu Jun 22 13:39:10 MST 2017

On 22/06/17 21:13, Phillip via Public wrote:
> I am pretty sure that Peter and myself only diverged in our
> interpretation of the original proposal from Iida.

Phill, you wrote earlier:
"It is my understanding that the text as drafted prohibits issue of a
wildcard certificate if the record set only contains issue records and
issue of a non wildcard certificate if the record set only contains
issuewild records."

Which document is the "text as drafted" that you're referring to?

I suspect that Peter and Ryan both thought that you were referring to
RFC6844.  (And indeed, if you're not referring to RFC6844, I'm not sure
which document you are referring to!)

--
Rob Stradling
Senior Research & Development Scientist