[cabfpub] Four sets of changes for proposed ballots

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Sun Jun 18 21:52:09 UTC 2017

I’ve promised a bunch of people to propose changes and fell rather behind.  So now I’ve got four sets of changes that need review for possible ballots:

https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:dnqualifier?expand=1 <https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:dnqualifier?expand=1> adds dnQualifier as an allowed attribute for all certificate types (including DV)

https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:evj-asn?expand=1 <https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:evj-asn?expand=1> adds ASN.1 info on the EV jurisdiction attribute types

https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:ev-liability?expand=1 <https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:ev-liability?expand=1> adds language to the EV guidelines to clarify that CAs may limit their aggregate liabilities

https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:underscores?expand=1 <https://github.com/cabforum/documents/compare/master...pzb:underscores?expand=1> allows underscores in domain names and clarifies what can go in common names.  This builds on Ben Wilson’s draft (thanks Ben!)

I still need to update the proposal to add SRVname as an allowed type of subject alternative name.  This will be a separate ballot.

I would appreciate feedback on any or all of these.

Thanks,
Peter