[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: CA/Browser Face to Face Meeting 41 Agenda – Berlin

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Fri Jun 16 08:57:31 MST 2017

Rich,

I'm sorry I wasn't clearer, but it appears you've misunderstood what I was
suggesting. I was suggesting that we should not limit it simply to "large
enterprises" - as has been suggested - since if our goal is to obtain
valuable feedback from the ecosystem, we should value all feedback.

It sounds like you have a particular objective or agenda in mind, which so
far hasn't been communicated, and certainly not as part of a public
invitation for comment, so I'm hoping we can use this time to make such a
proper invitation. I do think it may be an undesirable result if the Chair
exclusively invited participants to further a particular agenda, since the
Chair is supposed to be a neutral party, so I'm sure you can understand the
desire for greater transparency.

However, even to your specific point - which, to be clear, was not a
position I was advocating and not representative of what I was suggesting -
if our goal is to understand the impact of Forum Timetables, then surely
you would agree that it would be valuable to hear from those who view our
timetables as too slow as much as it would be to hear from those who
believe our timetables are too fast. Certainly, it would not be difficult
to find a number of organizations and contributors - both small and large -
who would share their concerns that the Forum is particularly slow in
enacting necessary and valuable security changes.