[cabfpub] Ballot 203: Formation of Network Security Working Group

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Jun 5 13:23:32 MST 2017

On 05/06/17 21:11, Peter Bowen wrote:
> What is the value of having a WG established by the F2F.  The F2F can discuss the topic all it wants with or without a WG charter.

Well, it can, but the chances are that we'll end up with a rerun of the
last discussion at the previous F2F, where we all agree that there's a
problem and the next thing to do is to charter a working group.

If we actually have a working group, we can gather expressions of
interest, perhaps even choose a chair, and the interested parties can
start defining a direction that their work will take them in.