[cabfpub] Thursday CABF call on WebTrust for CAs v2.1 changes

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Jul 17 21:59:49 UTC 2017

I communicated with Jeff Ward of the WebTrust Task Force and asked if the Task Force wanted the Forum (1) to provide informal feedback on the draft WTCA 2.1 changes to Sec. 4.5 and new Sec. 4.9 and 4.10, or (2) actually wanted the Forum to approve a recommendation or endorsement by ballot.  (Jeff has already said the Task Force is not requesting the Forum adopt the WTCA v2.1 language in the BRs or a new standards document).

Jeff chose (2) - for the Forum to approve a recommendation or endorsement by ballot.

I have attached again the WTCA v2.1 document showing the changes to Sec. 4.5, 4.9, and 4.10.  Please review, and post any edits or suggestions you may have.  (I already checked with Mozilla to see if it sees any conflict with the recent Mozilla root program changes it posted on similar subjects, and was told there is no conflict.)

I'm thinking a form of Ballot could be as follows.

"The members of the CA/Browser Forum have reviewed the changes to Section 4.5 and the new language of Sections 4.9 and 4.10 in the draft WebTrust for CAs version 2.1 and hereby endorse the changes and new language and recommend that they be adopted by the WebTrust Task Force in the final version of WebTrust for CAs version 2.1."

Something like that.  Comments?