[cabfpub] Ballot 190

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Thu Jul 13 18:57:42 UTC 2017

Last Friday I reset the discussion period on Ballot 190 to end tomorrow.  This was in response to suggestions that we rework the ballot still further.

Peter Bowen has taken the lead in modifying our current definition of Authorization Domain Name so it can be used consistently in validation Methods 1-10 to make clear when domain validations can be used to issue for domains with more nodes to the left.

The Validation Working Group is working with Peter to get the terminology right, and the work is ongoing.  For this reason, instead of re-setting the Ballot 190 discussion period again, I'm pulling the ballot back for now.  As soon as the VWG has agreed on new language, we will restart the discussion period.