[cabfpub] Resetting Discussion Period for Ballot 190 - additional time for further edits

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Fri Jul 7 15:43:52 UTC 2017

OK, Peter, if you think you can draft further tweaks to Methods 1-10 to eliminate any doubt about a CA’s ability to choose an FQDN to validate for a customer, and then use it to issue for that FQDN and other FQDNs with additional nodes that end in the validated FQDN (which was the reason for the part of the Note that I added after this was questioned on the list) – please do so.

I don’t think we should do amendments on the fly, meaning I don’t think the Forum members can analyze and evaluate your suggestions below without seeing them in a full mark-up of a revised Ballot 190.  In the new markup, you can delete the Notes if you think they are no longer needed.

The current discussion period for Ballot 190 ends tomorrow, July 8, at 18:00 UTC.  I will RESET the discussion and voting periods for Ballot 190 as follows:

Discussion Period: July 7 to July 14 at 16:00 UTC
Voting Period: July 14 to July 21 at 16:00 UTC

Peter – thanks for your help.  If we can make these fixes so there is no possible ambiguity, let’s do it.

Ryan and Geoff – if you want to work with Peter on getting the revised language right (per Peter’s suggestions below), please do.