[cabfpub] PAG - GlobalSign Exclusion Notice

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Jan 25 21:55:28 UTC 2017

As Chair, I have received the attached amended Exclusion Notice for Ballot 182 from GlobalSign.

Although we are outside the Review Period for Exclusion Notices, the amendment is really just an indication of a change in GlobalSign's position on licensing (no new patents are listed).  GlobalSign had previously indicated "no license granted" under IPR Policy Section 4.2 for its listed patents, but is now indicating "license granted per Sec. 5.1 except Sec. 5.1.f".  This is in response to a good discussion we had on the first Patent Advisory Group (PAG) yesterday - I will draft and circulate Minutes shortly.

I think we can accept this amendment to the Exclusion Notice, or at lease accept the indication from GlobalSign that it will license the listed patents in accordance with IPR Policy Section 5.1.f.  We will discuss this further at our next PAG meeting on February 7.

Kirk