[cabfpub] Seeking comments on Governance Change outline

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Tue Jan 17 20:55:33 UTC 2017

The Governance Change Working Group has been working on an outline which
would be used as input in drafting new bylaws. The group has taken into
account member discussions from various CA/B Forum face to face meetings,
phone calls and working group meetings.

This group was originally chartered by Ballot 165 in April 2016 and has been
meeting bi-weekly since then.

Attached is the outline (pdf) which we are seeking comments, suggestions,
recommendations (and criticism) from members and the public at large.
Comments are due back by Friday, February 17th 2016.  The public may comment
by either sending to a current member (who will then re-post the comments to
the public list) or by sending an email to questions at cabforum.org
<mailto:questions at cabforum.org> . [NOTE: The public cannot reply or send to
public at cabforum.org <mailto:public at cabforum.org> ]. The final outline will
also be posted here:
https://cabforum.org/current-work/governance-working-group/

Once we finalize the outline, the working group will begin drafting new
bylaws.  Hence it is important that we get agreement on this outline. Please
don't wait until the last day to submit comments as the group will continue
meeting bi-weekly to review them as they come in.

Thank you!

Dean Coclin and Ben Wilson

Co-chairs of the Governance Change Working Group