[cabfpub] Assuring trust in website identities

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Sat Feb 25 15:32:08 UTC 2017

Kirk,

I’m glad to hear you support my proposal.  I did realize, after reading Ryan’s email, the sunset probably needs to be a rolling date to handle the BR “phase in” period.  So the rule needs to effectively be:

* Effective July 1, 2017,  unexpired OV/IV SSL certificates must be revoked within 24 hours of the fifth anniversary of their issuance

The details need to get ironed out (define fifth anniversary, etc), but I think that this ensure that, by mid-2018, all SSL certs that have organization or individual identity used at least baseline vetting requirements.

Thanks,
Peter