[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates

Mehner, Carl Carl.Mehner at usaa.com
Tue Feb 21 21:38:00 UTC 2017

To Ryan’s point on relevance, even if it were relevant to the arguments in play, that document says 1-2 years for an authentication key (what I would classify this as) or Private Key Transport Key / Public Static Key Agreement Key (in the event of RSA key exchange); 13 or even 15 months falls into the NIST timeframe, 27 – 39 months does not.

I would also agree with Peter’s assertion that most organizations would not (by software defaults or by security policy) re-use keys between certs.