[cabfpub] Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Thu Feb 16 22:26:13 UTC 2017

I know that many CAs are working to get this “concrete, actionable data”. I can say that most people we’ve talked to are completely surprised by this (even those following the forum threads), especially the implementation time, and are trying to assess the overall impact to their workflows.

By the same token, it would be helpful to hear any concrete actionable data that has suddenly made this a pressing need to quickly implement vis-à-vis other ecosystem security improvements. For example, is this considered a higher priority than say, CAA? Why/why not?

I know we are coming to the end of the discussion period but I hope we can continue to have a constructive dialog.