[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates: User input

Christian Heutger ch at psw.net
Wed Feb 15 13:31:06 UTC 2017

As of the reasons mentioned before, I still suggest to keep the 3 months (90 days) as they currently are

Am 15.02.17, 10:52 schrieb "Public im Auftrag von Gervase Markham via Public" <public-bounces at cabforum.org im Auftrag von public at cabforum.org>:

    On 13/02/17 17:37, Kirk Hall wrote:
    > But saying now that no buffer period should be allowed does not
    > reflect how website owners (or people) really are.  Taking this
    > position now would also be quite a shift from when the EVGL and BRs
    > were adopted, when there was no opposition (so far as I can recall)
    > from browsers to a buffer period.

    But (now that CAs have explained to Ryan why one is necessary) no-one is
    saying there should be no buffer period. Any discussion is about the
    length. The current proposal has a one-month cert changeover ("buffer")
    period, if you want to keep the same annual renewal date.