[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates: User input

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Feb 13 16:17:42 UTC 2017

One other point I don't think was made - as I recall, the extra months added to 24 or 36 month certificates are intended to be a buffer in case the customer is late in renewing.  Even though we start reminding customers that their certificates will expire before the end of 24 or 36 months, a surprising number of customers can be slow in completing all the renewal steps, especially for OV and EV renewals.