[cabfpub] Durations

Eric Mill eric at konklone.com
Sun Feb 5 23:05:04 UTC 2017

Just to try to +1 Jacob's point by summing it up -- by requiring a maximum
of 398 days, CAs can continue to safely issue any "human-friendly" form of
13 month renewals, in ways that don't cause calendar drift.

Any such human-intuitive strategy will be guaranteed to stay under 398
days, and then clients/tools that enforce compliance can take the
computer-intuitive strategy of checking if the cert's valid for 398 days or
less.

-- Eric

konklone.com | @konklone <https://twitter.com/konklone>