[cabfpub] Ballot 185 - Limiting the Lifetime of Certificates

Scott Rea scott at scottrea.com
Mon Feb 13 13:05:09 MST 2017

Just a process question Ryan, trying to understand how the CAB processes
work...

I understand that minor changes are at the discretion of ballot
producers and endorsers, and you have posted an update to this ballot
under that pretext - my question is just about how the "minor"
designation is arrived at by the producers and endorsers.

You indicated that there was "...general agreement that postponing the
effective date represents a 'minor' change", but I only saw Gerv's post
and then you made the change. So my question is about how that "general
agreement" process itself works? If the general agreeing happened on
list between a number of community members, then perhaps I am not seeing
the full list digest. Or did you mean the general agreeing (on the
designation that this was minor) was just you and Gerv and happened offlist?

To be clear, I have no issue with the changes for this ballot, just
trying to understand in a general sense for future ballots how this
minor designation process works.

Regards,
_Scott

--