[cabfpub] Draft Ballot 186 - Limiting the Reuse of Validation Information

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Fri Feb 3 01:40:05 MST 2017

On 03/02/17 07:52, Dimitris Zacharopoulos via Public wrote:
> I understand that this does not address all of Ryan's concerns but we
> need to highlight that Subscribers with a large volume of certificates
> will have a huge administrative overhead if they need to change these
> certificates annually.

Regardless of whether this ballot passes or fails, I hope you can see
that this situation is a big problem, both for those customers and for
the ecosystem. If, say, there are misissuances and an intermediate has
to be revoked, these customers will have big problems if they can't
change all their certificates quickly. And if there are lots of
customers like this, it creates a problem for moving quickly to deal
with security problems.