[cabfpub] EV 11.2.1 Private Organization registration number or date

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Thu Aug 31 21:42:15 UTC 2017

Geoff – clearly this applicant will now be denied, but I have to disagree with one of your underlying assumptions below - “there is no way to uniquely identify the entity”.  Rich Smith of Comodo indicated that the applicant’s corporate registration had been confirmed with the government authority – perhaps based on address or some other identifying factor.  Again, when we drafted the EVGL (I think I drafted this particular section), we assumed there would be a registration number or date of registration in all records (we were wrong), but even without that, a CA would have the ability to confirm proper corporate registration tied to the applicant’s unique identity so that identity would be confirmed.

I think we should amend EVGL 11.2.1 (1)(c) to allow some other method for recording the confirmation of proper corporate registration.  Since Rich knows the facts if this case, I’ll leave it to him to come up with any amending language.