[cabfpub] Revocation ballot v2

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Aug 23 19:42:00 UTC 2017

Looking at it another way, the timelines are:

24 hours if the Subscriber requests the cert (no certificate problem report)

48 hours if there is a key compromise (24 hour investigation + 24 hour to revoke)

8 days if the cert was issued to the wrong domain name or organization (7 day investigation + 24 hours to revoke) *

14 days for all other reasons

* My heartburn over how long this is to take care of.  8 days is a long time where domain validation failed.

I think the requirement to reply to the certificate problem report is built in by requiring the CA to work with the entity making the report. I don’t have a good idea on how to improve the escalation path.