[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL] Ballot 212: Canonicalise formal name of the Baseline Requirements

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Aug 22 01:16:28 UTC 2017

On 21/08/17 10:59, Kirk Hall wrote:
> Gerv, I was asked by my team “what problem is this ballot solving”?  Not
> in opposition, but just wondering why we need it?

Hi Kirk,

The ballot was in response to a discussion of an inconsistency in the
name raised by Li-Chun, and specifically in response to a request from a
Forum member named Kirk Hall, who wrote on the 22nd of June:

"Gerv – would you consider adding a Section 4 that officially renames
the BRs as raised by Li-Chun in the earlier string (to remove the words
“Certificate Policy”?  I’m not sure we ever officially named the BRs,
but Sec. 4 could simply say “The official name of the Baseline
Requirements shall be ‘The Baseline Requirements for the Issuance and
Management of Publicly-Trusted Certificates’”.  Would that solve the
problem?"

:-) I didn't want to add it to an existing ballot, so I created a new one.