[cabfpub] EV 11.2.1 Private Organization registration number or date

Rich Smith richard.smith at comodo.com
Thu Aug 31 15:29:30 UTC 2017

EVG 11.2.1 (1)(c) states:

(C) Registration Number: Obtain the specific Registration Number assigned to
the Applicant by the Incorporating or Registration Agency in the Applicant's
Jurisdiction of Incorporation or Registration. Where the Incorporating or
Registration Agency does not assign a Registration Number, the CA SHALL
obtain the Applicant's date of Incorporation or Registration.

What if the Registration Agency simply does not publish, and will not
provide either registration number or date?  In the case I'm looking at they
have legal name, registered address and phone number.  There is no
registration number nor date published and they will not provide either one
even when our agents call in and ask for the information.

If the only answer at this time is, "Then we can't issue an EV cert," which
is the direction I'm leaning, then I'd like to discuss/propose changing "CA
SHALL" in the above to "CA SHOULD".

Feedback would be much appreciated, especially from those who might be
willing to endorse such a ballot or those who might be strongly opposed to
such a ballot.  If anyone has a sound argument that we actually can issue an
EV under the current wording, I'd love to hear that as well.

Thanks,

Rich Smith

Senior Compliance Manager

Comodo