[cabfpub] Ballot 190 v7

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Aug 30 00:03:51 UTC 2017

Mads and Doug are still endorsers for the restart of Ballot 190.  Doug reminded me of five changes that we had agreed to make to the last version, v7.  The changes are shown on the attached v7 in yellow, and are also listed below.  When we do the restart on Ballot 190, it will be with this v7 version.

Here are the changes from v6 that were made in the attached v7:

1. [In BR 3.2.2.4 introduction]: The CA SHALL confirm that, as of the date the Certificate issues,  <is issued?>

2. [In all 10 validation method Notes:] Note: Once the FQDN has been validated using this method, the CA MAY also issue Certificates for other FQDNs that end with all the labels of the validated FQDN and have the same or more labels than it.  This method is suitable for validating Wildcard Domain Names.

-          The above note appears in multiple places, all need to be updated.

3. [In BR 3.2.2.4.6]: The presence of Required Website Content contained in the content of a file or on a web page in the form of a meta tag. <we agreed that a web page is a file, so no need>

4. [In BR 3.2.2.4.6]: Missing "T": "This method is suitable for validating Wildcard Domain Names."

5. [In BR 3.2.2.4.7]: I've commented on this multiple times and I think as written it's not clear:
>From this:
Confirming the Applicant's control over the FQDN by confirming the presence of a Random Value or Request Token in a DNS CNAME, TXT or CAA record for an Authorization Domain Name or an Authorization Domain Name that is prefixed with a label that begins with an underscore character.
To this:
Confirming the Applicant's control over the FQDN by confirming the presence of a Random Value or Request Token in either 1) a DNS CNAME, TXT or CAA record for an Authorization Domain Name or 2) an Authorization Domain Name that is prefixed with a label that begins with an underscore character.