[cabfpub] Revocation ballot v2

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Aug 29 14:18:16 MST 2017

I'm not sure if you were trying to say the same thing or propose a
different thing :)

That is, I was suggesting the normal flow be:

The CA MUST make a final determination and respond to a Problem Report
within 24 hours, unless all of the following conditions are satisfied:
  - The Report does not indicate that the private key was compromised or
publicly disclosed
  - The Report was not provided by the Subscriber
  - The CA makes a final determination and response available within 7 days
of receipt of the Problem Report
  - The CA notifies the CA/Browser Forum via the questions at cabforum.org (as
it's the only list that doesn't implicitly impose a membership requirement;
although we can certainly explore other ways) of the Problem Report and why
more than 24 hours was needed to investigate within 7 days of receipt of
the Problem Report

The CA MUST revoke the certificate within 24 hours if:
  - The subscriber requests ...
  - The subscriber notifies ...
  - The CA obtains evidence that the Private Key ...

The CA SHOULD revoke the certificate within 24 hours and MUST revoke the
certificate within 7 days if:
  - ...

Is that aligned with what you were saying? (I probably structured it
poorly, but there's the handwavy approach)