[cabfpub] CAA: Interpretation of 3.2.2.8 + 3.2.2.5

philliph at comodo.com philliph at comodo.com
Mon Aug 28 19:10:31 MST 2017

That is my interpretation.

Further, given the state of the reverse-DNS, I would be nervous about trying to extend CAA to address IP address certs. If there was a requirement for such, it looks like it will be in scope for LAMPS.

The intent of CAA was to put limits on the issue of certs with DNS names. Since DNS is not used to resolve an IP address, it would seem like the wrong tool to try to limit issue.