[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: pre-Ballot 206: Creation of Working Groups

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Aug 14 16:42:48 MST 2017

Virginia, one quick suggestion – change Sec. 3 of the ballot to specify that the Ballot will not take effect until the charter for a new Web Server Working Group (to take the current substantive functions of the Forum) has been approved by Ballot.  Otherwise, once this Ballot is approved we can’t operate as we do as present, but likewise we can’t operate as the new Web Server Working Group until a new charter has been approved.  You could add this to Sec. 3:

3.  Applicability of Amendments.  The amendments to the IPR Policy and the Bylaws described in this ballot shall not take effect until a charter for a new Working Group to perform the substantive activities of the current CA/Browser Forum concerning server certificates has been approved by ballot.  The amendments to the IPR Policy and the Bylaws described in this ballot shall become effective when the vote for approval becomes effective is final, and shall not apply retroactively.  Any Draft Guideline Ballots already in the Review Period when such amendments go into effect shall comply with the versions of the IPR Policy and the Bylaws in effect when such Review Period began.