[cabfpub] CAB Forum Draft Code of Conduct

Virginia Fournier vfournier at apple.com
Wed Apr 26 19:41:38 UTC 2017

Hi Ryan,

I’m glad to see that you’re supportive of a code of conduct.  Thanks for reviewing the differences between CAs and browsers.  I just don’t see anything in those differences that would prevent the adoption of the proposed Code of Conduct.  I don’t think there’s anything inherent in the asymmetrical relationship between CAs and browsers that would prevent either category of members from being polite, professional, and respectful to the other.

It would be extremely helpful if you would please point out the specific language in the proposed Code of Conduct that you believe would prevent browsers from enforcing their expectations with CAs?  Does that require unreasonable conduct?

Best regards,

Virginia Fournier
Senior Standards Counsel
 Apple Inc.