[cabfpub] [EXTERNAL]Re: Draft Agenda for CABF teleconference April 27

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Mon Apr 24 19:13:12 UTC 2017

As I recall, on our last call you did not object to reviewing the status of pending ballots, you objected to reviewing the results of the topics from our F2F meeting the previous week, and whether or not to plan for any follow-up.  (By the way, after the call I received comments from others that they liked the post-F2F meeting review, and wanted to do it again after future F2F meetings, so opinions vary.)

We have always used our teleconferences to discuss pending ballots, and often you can get more done and reach more agreement by talking and not sending endless rounds of email.  I also think we should be sensitive to an issue Peter Bowen is trying to address through his proposed Forum Trello board to keep track of proposals and ideas – without that, ideas get lost and disappear.  I think it’s useful to use a portion of our time each meeting to review the status of pending ballots, even if it’s only to look for endorsers or learn that a ballot is being dropped.  And if the update from a ballot sponsor is “nothing to report”, then that happens pretty quickly.

Having said that, I’m happy to follow what a majority of members want to do about pending ballots during meetings – review or not review unless someone requests a review.  Let’s discuss on Thursday.