[cabfpub] ]RE: Ballot 194 - Effective Date of Ballot 193 Provisions is in the VOTING period (ends April 16)

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Mon Apr 17 10:11:44 UTC 2017

On 17/04/17 02:16, Eric Mill via Public wrote:
> I don't think Microsoft cast its vote correctly. Microsoft is aware of
> how the CA/Browser Forum list works, and should have been able to cast a
> vote from a subscribed member address before the deadline. I think this
> obligation is especially apparent when their vote is likely to be a
> tiebreaker.

It is also worth noting that Gordon will have had a response from the
mailing list software that told him his posting was either rejected or
held for moderation (depending on how the list is configured) because he
was not a subscriber. I would say that he was responsible for acting on
that message.

> I'm sure it was a good faith error, but it would not be a good precedent
> for votes to be counted which were only distributed to and reforwarded
> by the Chair (or any other member).

I agree.