[cabfpub] Ballot 190: Domain Validation

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Thu Apr 13 21:56:56 UTC 2017

While I still disagree with your personal interpretation – why can’t we do things the way other deliberative bodies do? – as I said before, I have no problem including “Notes” at the end of provisions that are not part of the BRs, but which inform readers of what the transition rules for a particular ballot are.  The notes can then be dropped once they are no longer relevant.

So we can include Section 2 of Ballot 190 as a “Note” after BR 3.2.2.4, which is the section affected by the transition rule, then remove it once the transition period is over – everyone will see that in the compiled version of the updated BRs.  Sounds like a solution we can all live with.