[cabfpub] Ballot 195 - CAA Fixup is in the DISCUSSION period (ends April 10)

Jacob Hoffman-Andrews jsha at letsencrypt.org
Mon Apr 10 19:18:31 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 11:20 AM, philliph--- via Public <
public at cabforum.org> wrote:

> Discussion in the LAMPS WG indicated that the consensus was to replace the
> search algorithm completely with one that uses prefixes.

I participated in the LAMPS WG via videoconference at IETF 98, and read the
minutes <https://www.ietf.org/proceedings/98/minutes/minutes-98-lamps-00>,
but I did not see any proposal to change CAA to use prefixed TXT records,
much less consensus on it. Can you point to documentation about this?
Probably also we should conduct further discussion on this topic via
spasm at ietf.org.