[cabfpub] [EXT] Re: Ballot 194 – Effective Date of Ballot 193 Provisions

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Mon Apr 3 19:59:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, Apr 3, 2017 at 3:57 PM, Steve Medin <Steve_Medin at symantec.com>
wrote:

> On April 22, nearly one third of the authentication databases of all
> certificate authorities is invalidated. All data currently held from work
> done between 825 days and 39 months ago is wiped from use when it could
> have been consumed until March 1 if 193 was written as Chris seems to have
> intended.

But that doesn't matter unless someone applies for a certificate.

You don't need to reissue all of those certificates. Only ones which are
expired and/or need to be reissued.

This exact same problem would occur on March 1, 2018. Literally everything
else in your message still applies, so please help me understand what makes
this different at all.