[cabfpub] How a Certificate Is Issued - the Baseline Requirements Version

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Fri Apr 14 13:59:07 MST 2017

3.2.2.4 only covers domain validation. Perhaps that language could be moved to 3.2.2?

>From your comment and given Google’s stance on organizational validation, do your comments apply to the first section and not the second (as the second half of the proposal is only org validation)?  What is the issue with the language in my proposal? Note that although the proposal is based on the EV Guideline concept, the proposal language is different than the EV Guideline language.

Given that the expiration date must be the same, your example would only permit a one month cert.  How do you get a 77 month cert? I understand where the 77 month cert would come from based on the current wording of the BRs, but part of this modification would limit the replacement to the same expiration date.

Jeremy