[cabfpub] CNAME-based validation

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Thu Sep 8 16:35:24 UTC 2016

It wouldn’t resolve the issue because shop.example.com would have to point a new domain, taking down the website for a period of time. This proposal wouldn’t prohibit wildcard DNS names. Instead, a wildcard DNS would use a different method. (Although it’s probably a correlation with the type of customers that use this method, but we haven’t seen a wildcard DNS yet.)

Are there any risks associated with using two random values and simply not using this method for wildcard DNS names? If not, I’d like to ballot this.