[cabfpub] Re-posting: Assign Test Certificate CAB Forum OID

Dimitris Zacharopoulos jimmy at it.auth.gr
Mon Sep 5 05:26:45 MST 2016

Also forwarding Erwann's reply.
DZ.

Bonjour,

The format of the extension needs to be defined as well. I guess a NULL
content will be sufficient for the purpose of a test certificate.

Whence, adopting the RFC5912 notation, the test extension could be
defined as:

id-cabforum OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { 2 23 140 }
id-cabf-testcertificate OBJECT IDENTIFIER ::= { id-cabforum XX YY ZZ }
-- To be defined

ext-cabf-testcertificate EXTENSION ::= {
   SYNTAX NULL IDENTIFIED BY id-cabf-testcertificate
   CRITICALITY { TRUE }
}

Cordialement,
Erwann Abalea