[cabfpub] Recourse for domain owners who discover unknown certificates issued to their domain

Rick Andrews Rick_Andrews at symantec.com
Thu Oct 13 23:45:15 UTC 2016

Kirk, in my years with VeriSign and Symantec, I also can’t recall a domain owner asking for more info about a cert that we had issued, but

a)      The request probably would not have come to or through me

b)      It’s a lot more likely to happen today because of CT

The first example you gave is (in my opinion) relatively easy to resolve. The more challenging one is the second. I’m trying to see if we can agree that, for example, the CA should not necessarily give out details about the subscriber to the requester. Peter suggested a list of things that the requester should and should not expect to get. I agree with most of that but need to re-read it more carefully.

-Rick