[cabfpub] Potential F2F Topics

Peter Bowen pzb at amzn.com
Mon Oct 10 22:01:47 UTC 2016

While I think the IETF is the right place for technical work on redaction, the IETF explicitly avoids work on policy.

In the realm of CT, 6962bis section 4.2 includes the option to log a name-constrained intermediate CA in place of logging end-entity certificates.  There has be no move to remove this from 6962bis.  Assuming this remains included in the final RFC, does that mean Chrome will treat such certificates as logged?

I agree that there should be discussion in less “insular” forums, but I also think there is value in discussion at the F2F.

Thanks,
Peter