[cabfpub] Public Digest, Vol 54, Issue 2

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Oct 4 08:31:45 UTC 2016

On 03/10/16 23:04, Virginia Fournier wrote:
> Again, some of the issues with such early implementation work are (1)
<snip>

Thank you - I certainly see your point of view. Perhaps others could
chime in? If I'm trying to solve a problem that doesn't really exist,
and people would be happy with a timeline where every ballot had to wait
30 days before the actual vote, perhaps we can let this go.

I guess I'm concerned that currently we have arguments about how much
implementation time we need to put in ballots - 60 days, 90 days or
whatever. If we start calculating those from "straw poll date", then
perhaps there won't be an issue. But if people want to calculate them
from "actual passing date", then the net effect is that everything the
CAB Forum wants to do would come into effect 30 days later than it
otherwise would. Which is not awesome from my perspective.