[cabfpub] Allowing SHA-1 OCSP and CRL signatures past 2016

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Wed Oct 26 11:00:28 MST 2016

I’m not sure if there is consensus on Virigina’s interpretation. We haven’t even had a straw poll to agree/disagree on the issue.

That’s my interpretation more or less with one point. I don’t see a draft guideline that hasn’t completed the IPR as non-binding. The difference between a “draft guideline” and “final guideline” is purely an IPR semantic where a draft simply hasn’t undergone the exclusion notice period. This does nothing to affect the legitimacy of the ballot passed using the process described in the bylaws. The definition of a draft ballot is only that the IP status is unknown.