[cabfpub] EXTERNAL: Re: Continuing the discussion on CAA

Jeremy Rowley jeremy.rowley at digicert.com
Mon Oct 24 11:52:06 MST 2016

"CAA records MAY be used by Certificate Evaluators as a possible
   indicator of a security policy violation.  Such use SHOULD take
   account of the possibility that published CAA records changed between
   the time a certificate was issued and the time at which the
   certificate was observed by the Certificate Evaluator."

I know it says this, but I'm not sure how this would ever happen in
practice. That seems more like the role of CT over CAA.