[cabfpub] SHA-1 exception request

Dean Coclin Dean_Coclin at symantec.com
Sat Oct 22 14:18:03 MST 2016

“…hoping to use the precedent of the previous failure to follow policy as an indicator that the policy has been changed.”

I assume this is in reference to the TSYS certs which were granted an expiration in Feb 2017. This was not a failure to follow policy nor “Symantec’s previous mistake” and in fact you may recall all the reasons TSYS spelled out for extending to that date due to merchant holiday peak periods (which have been enumerated again on behalf of First Data). This was discussed and approved by the browsers on the public list after a reasonable discussion. I don’t consider this a “failure”; rather a rationale response to a reasonable request to insure continued payment processing for a set of merchants.