[cabfpub] Public Digest, Vol 54, Issue 2

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrust.com
Tue Oct 11 22:48:47 UTC 2016

I may be misunderstanding what you are saying, but I wasn't going to start the 30/60 day Review period until after 7 days discussion and success on a 7 day straw poll.  Then the 30/60 day Review period, then straight to a real vote for adoption.  Shortest period start to finish would be 51 days.  Not nice, but as Virginia points out, this allows our Legal departments 30/60 days for review, and knowledge of whether there are any Exclusion Notices before final approval.

Of course, the straw poll is like a real vote today, in that people are voting before they know whether or not there will be any Exclusion Notices.  I suppose we could say the straw poll automatically becomes the real vote if (and only if) there are no Exclusion Notices filed during the subsequent 30/60 day Review period - that would cut the minimum time period from 51 days to 44 days.  If any Exclusion Notices are filed, the straw vote is discarded and we go to a PAG, new discussion and straw vote, new Review Period, etc.