[cabfpub] Potential F2F Topics

realsky(CHT) realsky at cht.com.tw
Tue Oct 4 09:23:52 MST 2016

  I also want to hear the discussion of those 3 topics propsed by Gervase. As for my  proposed topic on Oct 20, please see attached powerpoint file for discussion 1. Thanks for my colleague to use English windows to capture the image of details in subject DN of an EV SSL certificate.

  For example, could below partial DN of detailed information of an EV SSL certificate in https://github.com/

1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2 = Delaware
1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3 = US
2.5.4.15 = Private Organization

Change to

Jurisdiction of State or Province = Delaware
Jurisdiction of Country= US
Business Category= Private Organization

  I think it will be helpful for relying party to see the detailed information of this EV SSL certificate.

   It will greatly improve user experience to browser a important site installed by an EV SSL certificate

   For above topic, Could the browser vendors' representatives help to ask the programming team if/when this request is met?

   If there is time on October 20, for discussion 2 I have not finished the powerpoint file, but I have post the issue, please see attached word file. To solve  EV Guideline section 9.2.5 using the proprietary Microsoft OIDs that don’t appear in X.520 and RFC 5280 as current EVGL's sentences to represent the level of the Incorporating Agency or Registration Agency, let's collect CAs' and Browsers' opinions.

Sincerely Yours,

      Li-Chun CHEN