[cabfpub] Ballot process ordering (2)

Geoff Keating geoffk at apple.com
Wed Nov 2 22:41:18 UTC 2016

> On 2 Nov 2016, at 3:05 pm, Kirk Hall via Public <public at cabforum.org> wrote:
>
> Gerv - in response to the question you posed for proponents of Position 1:
>
> a) Is the process that the PAG may modify the ballot before the vote, based on its conclusions? If so, do we need a new Discussion Period after the PAG? If not, and the PAG makes "recommendations", how are those recommendations accounted for, procedurally? Starting again?

Typically you would start with a vote to accept or reject the recommendations.  Then, if accepted, they will contain instructions for the Chair on how to proceed.

I imagine the kinds of recommendations you might get are:

- Accept the ballot as-is (in which case, approving the recommendation amounts to approving the ballot)
- Cease work on the ballot and reject it
- Modify the ballot (in which case, the Chair would presumably start the process again, with the modified ballot)
- Set up a further working group (in which case, approving the recommendations approves the creation of the working group)