[cabfpub] When to stop accepting old ETSI audits?

Gervase Markham gerv at mozilla.org
Tue Nov 29 04:13:11 MST 2016

On 29/11/16 09:33, Dimitris Zacharopoulos via Public wrote:
> We do hope that more CABs will have completed their accreditation
> process by July 2017 but what if the NABs require more time? In the

So your suggestion is that we continue to accept audits against either
set of criteria until the situation is more clear? I.e. that there's no
point setting a cut-off date now?

Here's an alternative question: if we were to set a cut-off date at some
point in the future, how much lead time would ETSI-audited CAs need?
Obviously, if I said "OK, all new audits have to be the new standard,
starting tomorrow", and you were right in the middle of your audit, that
would be rather irritating. Would 3 months be sufficient between the
setting of the date and the date itself?