[cabfpub] Mozilla SHA-1 further restrictions

Doug Beattie doug.beattie at globalsign.com
Fri Nov 18 07:16:29 MST 2016

Gerv,

Are you specifically concerned about the id-kp-emailProtection and what needs to be combined with that, or is the issue what's the total set of EKUs that might be needed?  In other words, do you care less if a CA has all of the below except id-kp-emailProtection?

id-kp-clientAuth 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.2
id-kp-emailProtection 1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.4
Smart Card Logon     1.3.6.1.4.1.311.20.2.2
id-kp-ipsecIKE	1.3.6.1.5.5.7.3.17
Key Archival	 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.21.5
Key Recovery Agent	1.3.6.1.4.1.311.21.6
Encrypting File System (EFS) 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.10.3.4
EFS Recovery	1.3.6.1.4.1.311.10.3.4.1
Bitlocker Drive Encryption	1.3.6.1.4.1.311.67.1.1
Bitlocker Data Recovery Agent	 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.67.1.2

By the way, we have the same challenge with our SSL CAs - there's a set of EKUs we'd like to include in SSL certs to support Domain Controllers and VPN servers.