[cabfpub] Creation of new IPR Policy Task Force / first meeting Nov. 29

Ryan Sleevi sleevi at google.com
Tue Nov 15 21:41:40 MST 2016

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 7:51 PM, Peter Bowen <pzb at amzn.com> wrote:

> Ryan,
>
> I think the simple solution here is determine that this is not a Working
> Group nor PAG, rather it is a meeting of the Forum.  Any member can attend
> if they so wish and minutes can be kept.  This would mean there are not
> “chairs” of the group, rather the chair is asking someone to lead the
> discussion.
>
> Do you believe that would fall within the bylaws?

It could, which is why I was asking Kirk to clarify what he intended,
considering that terminology and process were mixed and ambiguous. If this
is what Kirk meant, one possible implication of this is, for example, that
Forum meeting minutes from the 'main' call could be approved on this
'second' call - if it is just another meeting of the Forum. This is where
chartering as a WG can help resolve that issue, especially considering that
this is proposed as a regular meeting with no end date or objective set. As
a practical matter, it means all members should attend both calls, if they
wish to be unsurprised by any process.