[cabfpub] Minutes for future working group meetings

Kirk Hall Kirk.Hall at entrustdatacard.com
Tue Nov 15 19:16:09 MST 2016

Gerv - I like your idea of allowing the term "Contributions" as used in the CA/Browser Forum's IPR Policy to rely on recordings of statements made by members at meetings and on teleconferences along with written Minutes -- that could solve a lot of record-keeping problems for us all.

Summary written Minutes of people who participated and the  main issues discussed, plus conclusions and next steps, would still be useful, but that type of Minutes would be pretty easy to write - we might even get volunteers to write them.  And such written Minutes would be a useful guide as to which recordings a PAG would want to listen to in order to determine whether or not a member is allowed to claim an IP Exclusion Notice for a particular Guideline.

Can you suggest this at the new IPR Policy Task Force meetings, as a potential amendment to our current IPR Policy?  We would definitely support that.