[cabfpub] Draft CAA motion

Bruce Morton Bruce.Morton at entrustdatacard.com
Wed Nov 9 12:28:32 MST 2016

I think the “blocked by a change to a CAA record” is important to the discussion and does not need evidence to be supported. I’m looking at this as error handling for an improper CAA record. Experience tells me that since CAA is new there will be errors. I assume that errors have also happened with other controls such as HPKP. I think our policy should consider errors.

I also assume that a person signing a Subscriber agreement is more authorized to accept the agreement than a DNS administrator is at declining an agreement. I do not see agreement, contract, etc. in the RFC.

I would prefer if we started CAA with minimum requirements and then make these requirements more strict over time, rather than creating a policy which is very strict with no back-out clause, when there has not been enough CAA records to gain any new experience.

Bruce.